The Claddagh ring is the Irish symbol of Friendship, Love, and Loyalty. The hands represent friendship, the heart represents love, and the crown represents loyalty.
The Claddagh ring was originally a wedding ring, but is now given to anyone who is special to you. It is also worn to show ones Irish heritage.
There are several ways to wear a Claddagh ring, depending on your romantic involvement.
- If single and not committed to any one person, wear the ring on your right hand with the heart facing outward, toward your fingertip, and the crown facing you.
- If romantically involved, yet unmarried, wear the ring on your right hand with the heart facing you and the crown facing outward, toward your fingertip. This is to show that you are taken.
- If you are wearing the Claddagh as an engagement ring, move the ring to your left ring finger with the heart facing outward.
- When you get married, move the ring to your left ring finger with the heart closest to you.
- Of course, you don’t have to wear it to show your romantic status. You can wear the ring any way you like. I received my Claddagh ring from my mother and I will always cherish it, not only because of our Irish heritage, but because she gave it to me. I don’t wear it on my ring finger since I wear an engagement and wedding ring on my left ring finger. So, I wear my Claddagh ring on my right ring finger with the heart facing me.
This is my Claddagh ring, not the one pictured above.
- Dainty Irish Claddagh ring with Celtic Trinity knot band motif crafted exclusively for women.
- Carefully crafted with fine 14 karat yellow gold and perfect polished finish; approximately 2.60 grams in total average weight.
- Comes with free special gift packaging.
- Made in the USA yet offered at factory direct jewelry price.
- Ships within 24 hours from the manufacturer directly to the customers.
Ladies 14k Gold Claddagh Ring withTrinity Band – View on Amazon